Friday, May 4, 2018

Time Out

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge

Welcome!

I have to say when I read the name of this weeks challenge, I saw a child with their nose in the corner. But who wants a card that looks like that? So  I thought a little more, and wanted to do something with a clock in it. I went down to a local craft store and found a sticker that I liked but wanted to somehow change. 








I took the sticker and ran it through my Gemini die cutting machine like I was going to do dry embossing. Now how do I want to add color to this? I tried taking the Heidi Swapp Toner pan and tracing the raised lines made when dry embossing it. Failure. That went into the trash. 








I then did another one, placed the sticker on top of the embossed panel and did some ink blending on top of it.




That was good, but where the sticker had been, the white was a little stark, so I used the same colors and blended over the entire panel again. I liked this much better.

I used the same colors and blended some of the distress inks onto a scrap piece of cardstock and cut the "Thanks" from it. I cut three more out of white cardstock and then the shadow die out of black cardstock. I adhered them all together.

I took the sentiments I wanted to combine together from W Plus 9 Modern Anemones and Beautiful Bouquets: Dahlas. I stamped these onto black cardstock with VersaMark ink and white heat embossed it. 






I adhered the panel to a black piece of cardstock and then to a white card base. Then I adhered the sentiments onto the card and used some small silver twine under them.


I hope you have a great day!




2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card and I love the way you've created the background using teh stencil, it really is stunning! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely. The color blending is stellar.

    ReplyDelete

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.