Monday, May 7, 2018

Pineapple Birthday

My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge 383

Welcome!

Hope your day is going well.

I have created this card for the My Favorite Things Sketch challenge.

I have been seeing pineapples everywhere lately and thought I would do something inspired by pineapples. I found some stencils from Folk Art that I thought might be fun to incorporate into this sketch in some way, so I started there.

I laid the pineapple stencil onto a piece of Nina Solar White cardstock and stamped the flowers and leaves from My Favorite Things Bold Blooms stamp set then outlined the pineapple with a black pen. I then fussy cut it out and used a black pen to make the edges of the pineapple black.

I took a white card base and laid the pineapple inside stencil on top of it and ink blended the background using Distress Oxide inks. I used the same colors and blended ink onto another rectangle piece of cardstock. I layered them up along with a piece of black cardstock as well and adhered them together. Lastly, I stamped the sentiment from My Favorite things Handwritten Happiness onto the bottom of the card in VersaFine black ink and clear heat embossed it.


Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.