Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Hello And Welcome!

Playing With Fire!


Today I'm using a fun stamp set from Art Impressions called "Chocolate Therapy." And I do love me some chocolate. Especially when it comes in cake form.

I started my card off today by playing with some fire. I burned the top edge of my card in the middle. Then I placed the image onto my panel and decided that I wanted more of the top burned. So I played some more until I got the look that I desired.


I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. And then again on a piece of Eclipse masking tape. I then fussy cut it out of the masking paper and placed that on my panel over the image.


I am doing some ink blending with some Distress Inks in Walnut Stain, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, and Barn Door. I started with the Walnut Stain on the top of the panel to accentuate the burnt edge and moving down the side of the panel with the Mustard Seed, then the Spiced Marmalade, and finally the Barn Door along the bottom. 

I sprayed a fine mist of water on top and dried it off with a paper towel. Then I removed the mask and colored the image with Copic Markers.

When the coloring was complete, I took a piece of red cardstock and stamped the "Happy Birthday" sentiment in VersaMark Ink. Then embossed it with black embossing powder and heat set it.


I then burnt the top folded edge of a blue A2 size card base. Then adhered the panel to it using some double-sided adhesive and then the sentiment with some 3M foam tape.




I am participating in Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything Goes.
You can find that challenge here:

Thanks for joining me.




2 comments:

  1. Adorable card! Love that image! Wonderful coloring and I love the burnt edges! Very cool!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. So fun to use stamps that are not what I typically gravitate towards.

    ReplyDelete

adding pinterest script 3. Changing the Position of the Pin it! button The cool thing about this code is that you have some freedom over where the Pinterest button for Blogger will go over the image. Take a look at the code that you just copied and pasted into the HTML for the word 'center'.